Needs Assessment and Data Review
Submitted before April 15, 2021
- Gather and begin to analyze existing or easily obtainable Student Status, Demographic, and School/LEA Process Data to determine initial, highest priority recovery needs. Pay particular attention to the status of historically marginalized students (students in different racial/ethnic groups, English learners, students with disabilities, students in poverty, migrant students, military-affiliated students, homeless students, students in foster care). Draw on your learning from the data literacy professional development series to consider new and existing data sources for understanding needs.
- In the corresponding table below, for each of the recovery areas (SEL, Mental Health and Wellbeing; Engagement/Truancy; Academic Success), identify or describe:
- Data sources used.
- Interpretation of student needs based on these data sources.
- Preliminary thoughts on how to address identified needs.
- Whether you would benefit from state partner assistance in this area.